So I have, in the recent past, experimented with using laser printer toner to create images by fusing the powder to various substrates such as metal, Mylar film, Yupo, and paper. Sometimes, I’ve used a heat gun, other times I’ve used solvents such as acetone and mineral spirits. The results vary with each approach and I continue to experiment.
Annemarie and I have been investigating serigraphy; she did an all-day workshop last weekend, and I had earlier discovered a local gallery that also offered workshops (https://www.estampille-editions.com/), I was immediately intrigued and reserved one. Today was the day!
Over the course of two hours this morning I pulled eighteen prints, 40 cm by 30 cm, twelve on 300 gsm white hot press paper, four on a 300 gsm white glossy paper and one each on papers of unknown weight, one green and the other cream-colored. Here are the results:
Twelve of these.
Four of these.
And one each of these:
The image of “Marcel” (my new mascot!) was created as a toner wash using mineral spirits to fuse the powder to a small sheet of Mylar, which was then scanned to create an editable digital file. This was then split into three separations which I printed with two shades of black and one shade of gray.
More fun ahead!
You must be logged in to post a comment.